Summer is almost here!! So you know you’ll be seeing those cute kids on the sidewalk selling their lemonade! Me? Well… I like pink lemonade, and the big thing this year seems to be adding it to cupcakes! You could so do this with plain lemonade or even maybe a lemon cake with pink lemonade frosting…so many options and really that’s what summer is all about!
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¾ cup defrosted pink lemonade concentrate
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- I also added a very small amount of coloring gel.
- I really wanted to use pink but the store only had rose.
- It was very bright and fun. I also didn’t stir the coloring in completely so there was still some swirl in the color.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a test poke comes out clean.
- For my frosting I started out with 1 cup butter, 2 cups powdered, 1 teaspoon vanilla and then just added a little bit of concentrate and more powder sugar until I liked the flavor and consistency.
- I also added the coloring gel to the frosting…
Enjoy these just as you would their liquid counter part! But a small warning… they are a sweet, sweet treat depending on how you like your frosting, but then again there is never anything wrong with that!