So I decided to make a Whole Wheat Thin Mint Chocolate Cupcake and it came out DELICIOUS, if I might say so myself.
I added a few more ingredients to make a natural mint taste, without adding extract since I didn’t make my homemade extracts yet. I think I got it!
I used peppermint candies and thin mint cookies, crushed then up in the blender and added them to my basic cupcake recipe… and there you have it – Whole Wheat Thin Mint Chocolate Cupcakes were born.
Basic Cupcake Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup canola/vegetable oil or applesauce
- Crush 8 peppermints / 8 thin mint cookies
- Set oven to 350
- Mix wet ingredients, and then add dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fill cupcakes cups 1/2 way.
- Bake for 20 minutes for standard cupcakes or 12 minutes for mini cupcakes.
- Once done cool on wire rack.
- Then frost!
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- Cream butter and cream cheese together, then add powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Place frosting in piping bag and frost your cupcakes. You can also decorate with thin mints any way you want to!
Pamela blogs over at Pamela’s Heavenly Treats, and is the mama to 6 kiddies, that she wants to see eat healthy. She started making healthy cupcakes and cookies for her family and town, and it is the rave of the neighborhood. She loves to spend time with her family, have her quiet time (when she can get it) and listen to praise and worship music.
More Recipes to satisfy your mint cravings…