I love the taste of the totally-bad-for-you spinach dip you can get at some restaurants. But I never order them. Why? Because it’s so bad for you. There’s got to be more to life than that, right? Well, there is. And it involves Greek Yogurt. It’s good for you. And you can put it in just about anything. And so, by using Greek Yogurt instead of the typical sour cream base, this comfort appetizer becomes a lot more SKINNY.
Skinny Spinach and Asparagus Dip Recipe
Author: The Frugal Girls
- 10 stalks Asparagus
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Fat Free Feta Cheese (or Low Fat)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Greek Seasoning (or ½ teaspoon garlic salt, ½ teaspoon onion salt, ½ teaspoon lemon pepper)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stove, sautee or grill asparagus. Feel free to lightly coat with olive oil or add water to keep them moist as you cook them.I chopped the asparagus before blending them, just to make the process a bit smoother. I chose to keep the tips of a few pieces of Asparagus to use as a garnish. If you’re feeling similarly fancy, set a few good looking tips aside as garnish.
- Place spinach in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to wilt the spinach leaves. I also chopped the leaves before blending them.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix well. If you are using a smaller blender, like the Magic Bullet (which is what I used), feel free to do this in batches. As long as you mix them with a spoon in the serving dish, batch mixing works just fine.
- Transfer to an oven-safe dish and heat on 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Garnish and serve!
Looking for other healthy appetizers to use? Check out the food section of my website or go specifically to Lettuce Wraps, Grilled Eggplant Nachos, Spicy Pumpkin Fries, or Whole Wheat Quesadillas.
Still hungry? Check out more delicious Dip Recipes below…