What’s Growing in my Garden…

A fabulous way to save money on produce is by growing it yourself!

You may remember how our grapefruit tree gave us 125 huge ruby red grapefruit last year, well… it’s done it again!

No… it didn’t produce 125 this year ~ but my guys counted our crop and we had just under 50!

We pulled them off the tree this week, and now have lots of grapefruit and fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice days ahead of us. We love eating from our back yard!

If you’ve got the space, try planting something that grows well in your climate. If you’re limited on space, you may want to try a strawberry pot or even a windowsill herb garden.

What fruits, veggies, or herbs do you like growing in your garden? Leave a comment and share ~ I’d love to hear!

{this post is linked to: Life as Mom & We are that family}

12 Responses to What’s Growing in my Garden…

1. Misty says:

I’d love to grow something but I never have any luck :(

2. Bethany says:

Every year we grow peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and green beans. Then we throw something new in; I’m not sure what we will do this year.

3. Annie says:

We grow red/green peppers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, spearmint, and a whole pot full of herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary, cilantro, parsley, lavender, and more I can’t even remember). We actually grew all of our vegetables in large pots on our back porch. Maybe this summer, I’ll have a raised garden box to keep the dog out of it.

4. Stephanie Kirk says:

Those guys looks so good! Great size too! I bet they taste great!

I love grapefruit but have to eat little to no since it gets in the way of High blood pressure medicines. Too young to have this problem for sure!

5. Yum! We planted a little apple tree and lemon tree last year and I was *so* excited to see apple blossoms sprouting this morning. I can’t wait! The lemons are awesome to have on hand and seem to be thriving, too.

6. Trenchmommy says:

WOW! That is really cool….and I’m a little green around the edges, but a grapefruit tree would not grow here where I live. *sigh* Enjoy one for me, too!

7. Denise says:

Yummy! I eat those like candy. Wish our climate was better for growing them. Oh well…….. ;0)

8. leslie says:

I totally believe in this, too. I’m not the most experienced gardener but was able to grow quite a bit of salad ingredients and other veggies in a very small garden the last couple of years. We soon will start building a house on 2+ acres and I’m so excited to plant fruit trees (I love to can fruit!) and have a large garden.

9. My list is pretty long; I have a complete list and photos here: http://theprudenthomemaker.com/thekitchengarden.aspx

We grow meyer lemons, artichokes, pomegranates, figs, turnips, grapes, swiss chard, peaches, apples, blackberries and lots more!

Though we have right under 1/4 of an acre, we have 33 fruit trees in our back yard. We live in the desert, and many people think you can’t grow anything here.

10. Miranda says:

Yum! I love grapefruit but I don’t grow it and I don’t know if we can around here. This is year number three for our garden. We grow squash, zuchinni, cucumbers, salad greens, green beans, watermelon, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, radishes, honey dew and corn. A few newbies in our garden this year are carrots, onions, broccoli, acorn squash, eggplant, cantelope and sunflowers. I have no clue if they will grow or not, but it sure is fun to try new things!

11. Kristian M. says:

I just planted some chives and parsley in tiny cute pots in my backyard a few weeks ago and was so excited to see my chives sprouting when I went out there this morning! I cant wait to have fresh herbs to cook with!

12. Jennifer says:

I live in NC. How would I find out what I can grow here and how? Can you grow herbs in the winter time inside?